Thursday, October 6, 2011

"The Smartest Man In The World" - Sept 23rd podcast

Today's live session at noon EST was a little dicey. The presentation Tom Mackey had was very interesting but due to some technical glitches, the class wasn't able to interact or easily pose questions. I sent several direct messages to the moderators, but it seemed I wasn't sending anything. Twitter was offered as a method of interaction and posing questions, but it seemed only a few made it through, and none of mine made the cut.

"Transliteracy & Metaliteracy : Emerging Frameworks for Social Media"

I found the focus on the seven pillars of information literacy was particularly intriguing. I hadn't heard it mentioned prior to today and particularly enjoyed the explanation of them not being in a linear fashion.




Visual literacy!




That's it for the moment. My brain hurts and I need to re-type a paper for another (much less interesting, however necessary) class.

#CMC11

No comments: